Epic Rights LLCWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Accountant, under supervision of the Controller, prepares and delivers timely, accurate and relevant financial statements monthly.
· Assists the Controller in preparing timely and accurate financial statements
· Prepares monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting.
· Conducts account analysis of asset and liability accounts to ensure proper recording in the General Ledger.
· Analyzes both the line of business and artist P&L's for better insights to profitability.
· Prepares accrual's, deferrals, adjusting, allocating and reversing Journal entries as needed.
· Ensures that all entries and analysis are properly documented and stored for future retrieval.
· Prepares royalty statements for our artists and photographers as needed.
· Coordinates settlements with assigned distribution partners, reviewing their submissions and making sure they agree to contract.
· Prepares settlements for partners for lines of business where Epic acts as the distributor.
· Provides direction to other staff members on transaction coding to ensure proper handling both for financial statement and royalty purposes.
· Backs up the staff accountant and the senior royalty accountant when the volume of work requires it.
· Assist's the Controller in architecting and setting up business systems to capture, process, track and summarize financial information required to both run the company and provide timely reporting to our clients.
· Produces reports, including commentary providing financial insights, for Epic's management team.
· Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis when required.
· Assists the Controller in the establishment and enforcement of Internal Controls.
· Special Projects as required.
· Four or more years of progressive financial experience with general accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, and royalties.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Advanced Excel Skills.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
· Experience with database development and administration a plus.
· Previous experience in music merchandising and royalty accounting is a plus.
· Ability and willingness to wear many hats; has a roll up your sleeves can do attitude.
· Must be a team player.
· Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online