Maya Technical Director
Eight VFXSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
EightVFX is always looking for exceptional, enthusiastic and passionate talent to join our team. With offices in Santa Monica and New York, we are a dynamic community of visual effects artists, producing high-end work for Advertising, Features, TV Shows and Video-Games cinematics.
We are looking for a Maya TD for a long-term position at its location in Santa-Monica.
• Provide support to the VFX and Production departments
• Create global and show based scripts and tools
• Support for shot based issues together with leads and supervisors
• Continuously improve pipeline
• Possess in-depth, hands-on knowledge of cutting edge techniques in CG shot production, including digital doubles, natural phenomena (fire, water, smoke), lighting, shading, surfacing
• Be able to solve complex creative problems and establish powerful workflows using simple, efficient techniques, iterating rapidly based on client notes
• 3 years experience as a Maya TD in the VFX industry
• Computer Science degree is a plus
• Good knowledge of Python/PyMel
• Excellent knowledge of Maya
• Knowledge of Mari, ZBrush, Nuke, Houdini, VRay and F-Track
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online