Director Mobile Engineering
Full Time Job
Director Mobile Engineering (Ios Platform)
The ESPN Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful sports apps, including the ESPN app, WatchESPN, Tournament Challenge, and many others. This is an engineering position to lead our iOS engineering teams. The ideal candidate will be passionate about iOS, technology, apps, and sports.
• Manage multiple teams of engineers and contractors
• Work with product management and design to define product roadmap
• Manage competing priorities
• Develop team members
• Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy
• Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
• Bring predictability to the team's overall performance
• A minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience
• A minimum of 5 years management experience
• Technical experience with iOS, designing and consuming RESTful API
• Experience building high volume consumer facing applications at massive scale
• Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top technical talent
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in good architecture design
• Passion for easily readable code
• BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
• MS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.