Coordinating Designer, Motion Graphics
Full Time Job
Position Summary: This Coordinating Designer, Motion Graphics position is responsible for the creation, development, optimization and deployment of virtual scenes, designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an advanced proficiency level. This position collaborates directly with in-house virtual technology and creative teams, production clients, and outside vendors to keep project expectations, timelines, and deliverables on track. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, in depth knowledge of how to execute virtual graphics in studio and remote environments, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of on-air product. The Coordinating Designer, Motion Graphics is a high level creative who is expected to consistently set the bar on quality, innovation, and creativity.
Department Summary: ESPN's Creative Services/Production Enhancements team provides first-rate service to our partners while driving creativity, vision, and innovation. We look to inspire, create and deliver across all our areas…whether it's design, graphics, animation, editing, music, sound design, or development of new production tools for event and studio production.
• Utilizes Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, VIZ-RT, and Brainstorm to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
• Translates project details and creative direction into high-level design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Interacts with production clients to generate creative ideas.
• Engages in regular mentoring and development sessions with novice and intermediate-level staff members to increase the strength and versatility of the department.
• Creates graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and set designs, studio/remote applications (including virtual graphics), and 'proof of concept' projects.
• Utilizes real-time graphics software to create virtual graphics and animations for studio and event productions.
• Creates efficient 3D models and textures in high-end software.
• Builds assets optimized for virtual and real-time pipelines.
• Works directly with studio and event crews to implement virtual assets, maintains strong technical understanding of entire virtual production process
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events.
• Displays strong understanding and regular use of effective type layout.
• Actively involved with the conceptual development of design initiatives within the Creative Services Department.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of rendering specifications for HD, NTSC & PAL delivery formats.
• Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
• Actively participates on special assignments such as technical leads for new packages, in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers and vendors.
• Proactively collaborates within the Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
• Observes graphic format deviations and enforces graphic look.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Minimum of 7 years Hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.