Associate Manager, Sports Marketing
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Manager, Sports Marketing will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and executing customized integrated multi-media sponsorship programs. This role will collaborate with sales teams, marketing solutions, programming, production, revenue management in addition to working closely with other internal stakeholders including the Portfolio's Director, Mangers and Coordinators. There will be a broad variety of sport assignments including College Football, College Basketball, NCAA and High School sports.
• Assist in the development of building sponsorship packages across TV, Digital, Social, Print, Audio and On-Site activation platforms.
• Serve as primary Ad Sales liaison to Production/Content
• Assist respective Senior Director and Director/Managers with their efforts to drive sponsorship opportunities across TV and Digital platforms for their assigned properties.
• Grow and develop relationships with content contacts
• Confirm, coordinate, identify and establish directly with content contacts for available feature/sponsor opportunities and positions.
• Help manage feature inventory management for each respective sport and platform
• Maintains current awareness of competitive sponsorship marketplace
• Manages assigned sport landscape and all aspects of the on-air feature enhancement process for all ESPN network
• Researches and creates customized added value opportunities to maximize advertising sales revenue
• Establish on-air design and execution of sponsored elements in coordination with ESPN Production
• Creates on-air and digital feature documents outlining deal points and on-air execution for Production staff
• Cascades strategic direction of company to team
• Runs point on sport-specific meetings with Coordinating Producers and digital/social editors
• Provides daily oversight and guidance to Coordinator
• Provides recommendations on deal point letters on front end of negotiation
• Participates with Management in understanding more complex issues and resolutions
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience
• Experience in media, sales or sports marketing
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
• Fluency in Microsoft PPT, Word and Excel. Photoshop a plus
• 25-50% travel required, including weekends, during the College Football and Basketball seasons
• High level of customer service
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-started environment
• Strong communication skills
• Strong written and presentation skills
• Social media and digital media experience
• High level of creativity
• Experience or knowledge of league sports landscape
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.