HR Business Partner
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive MediaGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That's what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
The Human Resource Business Partner contributes to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with the client's strategy and objectives. This role serves as a strategic partner to leadership with the client's team by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Human Resources.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and cast effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability
• Assesses human capital needs and articulates requirements to create new or improved business initiatives, HR policies, processes and programs
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
• Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise
• Act as project manager for assigned HR initiatives and special projects across the client groups. Initiatives include employee survey action planning, performance management, talent planning, compensation planning, career development and organization design
• Manage day-to-day HR issues for assigned client groups. As a strategic business partner, ensure that HR solutions add value to the client's organization and frequently solicit feedback to that end
• Serves as a credible partner and ''one stop shop'' for employees to voice concerns, ask questions and request assistance
• Handle employee relations issues for assigned client groups, escalating complex or unique employee relations issues to Senior Manager and Employee Relations team
• Work in direct partnership with HRBPs from other areas to ensure a consistent and seamless service
• 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Business Partner
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
• Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• SHRM certification or other HR industry equivalent
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources Management or related discipline
• MBA or Masters in Organizational Development, Leadership
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
This position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.