Social Media Editor - ABC News
Disney ABC Television GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Social Media Editor to join our ABC News bureau based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.
ABC News is the Company's US news network based in New York. In the UK, we have a London Bureau, which serves as a hub for covering international news and feature stories for the ABC News network programmes. The London Bureau regularly contributes reports for such shows as 'Good Morning America', 'World News', 'Nightline', 'This Week' and all Digital platforms. The team here works on all aspects of news gathering, reporting and transmission to provide quality material on top stories in the UK and EMEA regions for our US broadcasts.
As the Social Media Editor, you will be a key member of the ABC News Social Team, responsible for crafting social content for ABC News audiences across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
You will also be responsible for managing all social media channels for the brand, including breaking news and will be focused on producing all types of video content in collaboration with editorial and social media teams.
• Producing innovative and engaging video content for all social platforms
• Managing all relevant social channels for the brand, including during breaking news
• Making editorial decisions for ABC News social channels, including posting content, crafting language, and updating stories
• Establishing and share best practices across the organisation on how to optimise video content across social platforms
• Contributing to strategies to grow social audiences across existing and new social platforms
• Guiding the voice of ABC News on social media
• Tracking and share community feedback and buzz on ABC News social channels
• Proven experience, producing video and managing social media accounts
• Experience in a news driven organisation
• Ability to quickly and efficiently turn around social video product is essential
• Experience of making editorial decisions for broadcast or social platforms
• Strong storytelling capabilities
• Experience producing video content in Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere
• Ability to work in Adobe Photoshop
• Proven track record at growing digital consumption
• Strong analytical and business skills
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism – Working closely with anchors and correspondents on their social presence
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits
• International exposure
Right to work in the UK:
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK