Senior Manager - Category Business Partnerships
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Category Business Partnerships team will be providing information and insights to Sales leadership to understand and anticipate the needs of C-level partners in strategic categories. Category Business Partnerships, Disney ABC Sales & Marketing, will be an indispensable strategic partner to the Advertising Sales organization.
The Senior Manager's main responsibility is to gather and synthesize data, industry reports, and category-specific information into insightful, coherent, and evolving materials for use by senior Sales leadership. S/he will be using and leveraging Disney ABC Sales and company-wide syndicated and proprietary research, as well as publicly available sources, to enhance the understanding of current and future drivers within product and service categories of importance to Disney ABC.
This role will report to the Executive Director, Category Business Partnerships and mentor a Manager in educating and driving Disney ABC Sales philosophy of the category approach to selling.
The role requires experience in both identifying and solving for challenging issues in multiple business categories, marketing, and media today. An understanding of consumers' evolving media and purchasing behaviors, industry measurement solutions, changes in the competitive landscape and the increased focus on data driven solutions and audience-based buying is critical.
Given the rapid changes in the media marketplace, this role will be central to enhancing and broadening the Disney ABC Sales value proposition to advertisers and agencies. The ability to think strategically, communicate well, lead, think, build consensus, work in fluid environment, and-most importantly-deliver results will define success.
• Develop and maintain reports for various business categories imperative to Disney ABC Sales to help drive revenue and identify opportunity areas.
• Oversee a Manager to facilitate the team's ability to identify and develop new ways to engage with Disney ABC Sales clients by delivering thought-leadership and strategic insights about marketing investment and ROI, specifically as it pertains to client's business and category.
• With the team, identify strategies to expand, enhance and differentiate Disney ABC Sales cross-platform advertising and marketing value proposition relative to traditional competitors like NBCU, FOX and CBS and increasingly, versus new competitors like Google, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.
• Deliver category-level insights and ideas back to team through constituent analysis and interpretation.
• Assist in overseeing day-to-day workflow, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Keep abreast of industry and client trends and business needs
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in advertising, media, sales and/or marketing resulting in knowledge of how both traditional/TV, digital media and social is bought and sold, including fluency in media research and ad/marketing technology. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have had roles such as:
• Agency or client marketer media planning/buying
• Sales development and marketing role at a major media company
• Experience with research/data analysis
• Prior experience synthesizing large amounts of data into streamlined reports/presentations
• Ability to curate/articulate findings into compelling stories for top-to-top meetings and for internal briefings
• Problem solver with the ability to collaborate and work across functions
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task
• Strong, confident presentation skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Consulting experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity