Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
ABC News is seeking a Segment Producer to join the ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos'' team. This person will be responsible for managing and promoting the ''This Week'' brand across all ABC News digital platforms and social networks, and furthering our mission of providing in-depth analysis to help our viewers make sense of this moment in history.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for politics, and a strong background in writing and editing digital news content and developing social media strategies. We are looking for someone who can help us expand the show's reach on Sunday and throughout the week.
• The primary responsibilities of this Segment Producer are to maintain and grow the ''This Week'' social media accounts and manage the show's digital offerings.
• This member of the team is responsible for pitching and executing creative and unique digital offerings in keeping with the ''This Week'' brand.
• This Segment Producer is expected to track trending topics and storylines on social media.
• All members of the ''This Week'' team are expected to proactively pitch week-of and long-term story and guest ideas.
• This Segment Producer is also expected to help the network respond to breaking news and may be asked to assist other platforms.
• The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing successful social media strategies.
• Must possess a passion for politics and journalism, and demonstrate strong editorial judgment and an in-depth knowledge of current events.
• Must be able to write and edit text pieces and social media posts for publication on ABC News digital platforms and social media accounts.
• Must be able to work effectively in fast paced, high pressure situations.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Proficiency editing video specifically for social media platforms is strongly preferred.
• Thorough understanding of data journalism is preferred.
• Background in political journalism is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college, or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity