Digital Segment Producer
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
ABC News is seeking a Digital Segment Producer to join the ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos'' team. This person will be responsible for managing and promoting the ''This Week'' brand across all ABC News digital platforms and social networks, and furthering our mission of providing in-depth analysis to help our viewers make sense of this moment in history.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for politics, and a strong background in writing and editing digital news content and developing social media strategies. We are looking for someone who can help us expand the show's reach on Sunday and throughout the week.
• The primary responsibilities of this Digital Segment Producer are to maintain and grow the ''This Week'' social media accounts and manage the show's digital offerings.
• This member of the team is responsible for pitching and executing creative and unique digital offerings in keeping with the ''This Week'' brand.
• This Digital Segment Producer is expected to track trending topics and storylines on social media.
• All members of the ''This Week'' team are expected to proactively pitch week-of and long-term story and guest ideas.
• This Digital Segment Producer is also expected to help the network respond to breaking news and may be asked to assist other platforms.
• The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing successful social media strategies.
• Must possess a passion for politics and journalism, and demonstrate strong editorial judgment and an in-depth knowledge of current events.
• Must be able to write and edit text pieces and social media posts for publication on ABC News digital platforms and social media accounts.
• Must be able to work effectively in fast paced, high pressure situations.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Proficiency editing video specifically for social media platforms is strongly preferred.
• Thorough understanding of data journalism is preferred.
• Background in political journalism is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college, or equivalent experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.