Investigative Managing Editor
Disney ABC Television GroupDurham, NC
Full Time Job
Investigative Managing Editor/Reporter
The ABC Owned and Operated station in Raleigh-Durham (25) is looking for an experienced journalist to join our investigative team. This person will enterprise hard hitting investigations of the highest caliber.
Extensive computer assisted reporting skills required. Must have a proven track record of success. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: gathering and presenting content on multiple platforms, providing long range as well as timely topical investigative stories that compliment daily news coverage. Reports will be consistently watchable, compelling, and lead to change. Must have the ability to work with digital team on added value investigative content. At least 5 years of experience in investigative reporting required.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in investigative newsgathering and production.
• Must have experience partnering with the legal team and working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations as they relate to the investigation, undercover content, and hidden cameras.
• Extensive experience using social media platforms for sharing news content and interacting with viewers.
• The reporter/managing editor will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of investigative content, and work closely with management, editorial staff, and producer.
• The reporter/managing editor will take ownership of the overall coverage of investigative content on all of ABC 11 platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web.
• Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and related computer skills
• Strong computer research skills, and working knowledge of analyzing data
• Strong understanding of using open records laws to obtain government documents and databases
• Knowledge of undercover investigation techniques
• Significant experience in the news environment and strong journalistic skills
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Creatively deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
This position is with ABC Holding Company Inc. (WTVD-TV)
REQ ID 515530BR
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity