Director - Revenue Partnerships
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News is seeking a Director of Revenue Partnerships, reporting to the Vice President of ABC News Digital. The candidate will lead a team to drive new revenue opportunities across all brands and platforms for ABC News. This person will analyze emerging business models, identify innovative technologies, and source/sign/manage partnerships with vendors operating across all aspects of digital media.
The Director of Revenue partnerships guides the overall vision and execution of ABC News' monetization strategy, and has a deep understanding of content licensing, branded content, programmatic sales, and native advertising. The role serves as the primary liaison with Ad Sales and Affiliate Sales & Marketing, and sits at the intersection of Editorial, Product, and Finance.
• Provide executive-level leadership for various partnerships including Apple News, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and VR partners
• Develop branded content opportunities in coordination with Ad Sales and Integrated Marketing
• Oversee the final delivery of sponsorships and native ad packages by optimizing inventory cross-platforms and brands.
• Build and manage the relationships and processes between Digital and the Sales Organization to maximize multi-platform revenue opportunities
The candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable with the responsibility of aggressive revenue growth targets, and has demonstrated success operating in both corporate and startup environments. Collaboration and exceptional leadership skills are required.
• Minimum 10 years experience working in broadcast and/or digital media in a role directly related to business development or revenue generation with quarterly revenue targets
• Demonstrated experience identifying,evaluating and executing revenue generating opportunities
• Executive-level communication skills
• Proven track record of driving revenue deals, developing new brands and ad sales strategies
• Deep passion for creative forms of storytelling and news is a MUST
• Familiarity with web analytics tools, digital KPIs, and content distribution strategies
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university