Director - Finance Planning
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The DATG Finance and Planning team manages the overall consolidated financial reporting for the DATG. In addition, the Planning team provides financial support to DATG's shared services, which includes Digital Media, Broadcast Operations and Engineering and IT.
The DATG Finance and Planning team is seeking a candidate to provide financial support for the DATG Shared Service groups, which involves working closely with the respective executives in charge of the groups. The Director will manage the management reporting, provide financial data for the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and Forecasts for the Shared Service groups. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across DATG and The Walt Disney Company, as well as senior management. Position requires excellent written skills, communication and time management skills, a solid understanding of digital media and systems, as well as an acute attention to detail.
• Partner with leaders in developing and managing DATG Shared Services budgets and plans
• Manage key planning functions such as Capital, SG&A and Headcount planning
• Provide support in the preparation of DATG executive forecast reporting packages, which include financial reporting and variance analyses for the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Strategic Plan and bi-quarterly forecasts
• Manage, train and develop a team of finance professionals
• Assist in the implementation of the new COGNOS planning system
• Drive segment-wide finance initiatives to improve operating efficiency and growth
• Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Must be a team player. The Director will be expected to provide support for all functions related to the Segment Planning group.
• 10 years of relevant work experience
• Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to manage and develop teams
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• MBA or CPA preferred
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability