VP Digital Sales & Solutions
Discovery CommunicationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The VP, Digital Ad Sales & Solutions will be responsible for significantly increasing digital revenue from new and existing clients that leverage the portfolio of Discovery's assets including, TVE, custom branded content, social, VR, data, linear and consumer products. This position has a strong emphasis on original custom content solutions and Group Nine.
1. Collaborate on the strategic development of target accounts based on industry research, historical relationships and market trends
2. Identify prospects and research clients' business utilizing syndicated research tools and work with insights team to formulate perspective client business needs
3. Develop custom strategic solutions that meet the business and marketing needs of clients
4. Draft presentations that tell a compelling story and pitch/present to clients
5. Identify new digital sales opportunities by utilizing digital knowledge and creative packaging to position Discovery’s digital audiences and offerings.
6. Collaborate with programming, ad sales marketing, content creation, research and insights to develop custom offerings that meet client specific objectives but also maintain network credibility and ethos.
7. Manage communication with client/agency and internal constituents in order to secure flawless execution
8. Work closely with existing cross functional teams to execute sold campaigns
9. Fluently represent Discovery's assets in the marketplace including linear, digital, VR, licensing, branded content
* Strong consultative selling skills and demonstrated ability to develop client relationships at senior levels such as key decision makers at the Marketing level and above.
* Expert in digital sales knowledge, and ability to create custom content based on advertisers needs
* Highly creative and possess the initiative to pro-actively develop and execute partnerships to fulfill Discovery's corporate objectives.
* Excellent people skills and be able to work with other members of the sales force and other Discovery departments.
* Strong analytical skills and 10 years related advertising/sales or client marketing experience.
* Travel required.
* College degree a must.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.