VP Commercial, Es Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The VP is responsible for driving multi-channel marketing and customer acquisition, retention, and conversion strategy for ES Digital. The VP will define the company’s growth plan, coordinate and execute growth programs, and optimize the revenue funnel. This person will build a team that is data-driven, highly analytical and ROI focused, with a strong track record of driving meaningful growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product/services in an online environment. This leader will live at the intersection of marketing, product development and analytics with a laser focus on customer acquisition and user engagement, activation, retention, and upsell.
The VP will work closely with EVP Commercial, SVP Strategy and VP Finance to define and execute pricing, packaging and offer strategy across all digital markets.
1. Management of a world class analytics team building an infrastructure that enables deep analysis of user behavior, scientific experimentation (A/B testing), and targeted promotions.
2. Management of customer insights function to understand user behavior and feed back learnings to the product team to help prioritize product priorities.
3. Work closely with the Head of Marketing to define, manage and track acquisition and retention across all media channels.
4. TBC add in other bullets from Strategy roles.
* Degree level or above.
* Must be conversant with data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data including tools like MySQL, Excel, R, and Tableau.
* A strong track record of driving meaningful growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product and services in an online environment.
* Deep experience working in business-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
* Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
* Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US