Senior Marketing Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This Senior Marketing Manager role reports directly to the Senior Director Digital Marketing and is charged with the growth and retention of Discovery’s TVE business through breakthrough, high performance digital marketing programs, working hand-in-hand with other cross-functional team members. Create, test and scale marketing programs while developing launch strategies for new products. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented channel manager with experience in acquisition marketing, churn mitigation, data analysis and optimization techniques.
1. Develop and execute acquisition marketing strategies that drives s growth and reduce churn for Discovery's TVE business.
2. Leverage a variety of digital marketing channels-- including Discovery's linear TV and digital O&O platforms as well as manage a stable of paid marketing tactics such as in platform display, social, search, content marketing, re-targeting and more to drive awareness and acquisition within ROI targets.
3. Campaign leader for acquisition and retention marketing initiatives. This includes development of marketing/creative briefs, managing the execution of marketing campaigns and managing marketing/communications assets across a wide range of counterparts from departments including media strategy, creative, social media, analytics, network teams, digital programming and production.
4. Define, manage and execute retention strategies that increase long-term value through data driven churn mitigation and winback/resuscitation tactics.
5. Collaborate with Analytics, Research and IT teams to identify trends and key insights that continually improve customer acquisition, conversion and churn rates.
6. Assist in the development of a framework to manage, report and forecast on daily, weekly and monthly acquisition and retention metrics.
7. Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace TVE trends to inform marketing strategies.
* 7 years digital marketing experience
* Prior experience in subscriber or membership based digital businesses, direct response digital marketing or relevant consulting/advertising/promotion agency experience preferred.
* Experience developing, planning and executing digital customer acquisition campaigns, along with end-to-end performance reporting.
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* MBA/MA are a plus with right candidate.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.