Salesforce Data Manager
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, VA
Full Time Job
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Data Manager is responsible for maintaining information and information processes within Discovery Education’s Salesforce.com platform.
1. Maintaining and cleansing customer information provided from external data sources without introducing disruption to day to day operations.
2. Develop standards for data integrity and maintenance across the organization.
3. Providing thought leadership across Discovery Education’s multiple application to direct best practices for centralized information management. Managing large systems and data related projects and collaborate with cross-functional departments to develop and implement improved reporting and data workflows and processes
4. Providing support to Discovery Education Data Operations by analyzing customer data each day and performing various tasks around the data. Provide reports and KPIs to senior executives, as requested.
5. Manage scheduled and ad hoc reporting needs of the organization
6. Performing massive updates to data into the Salesforce.com application using requirements identified business and technical users.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience with Salesforce administration. Salesforce Administrator certification is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years data management/ analysis experience
* Must have strong SQL data querying and analysis skills
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com configuration including use of data loader and third party tools.
* Extensive experience with data migration into Salesforce.com for objects including but not limited to accounts, contacts, campaigns, leads and opportunities
* Experience on Salesforce.com business workflow (different entities like opportunity, leads, account, assets etc.)
* Must have strong Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Access knowledge
* Must have experience administrating the Salesforce.com platform
* A minimum of 3-5 years administrative business and communication experience
* Must have strong listening, analysis and problem solving skills
* Must have extremely strong interpersonal skills – collaboration across multiple business and technology functions, relationship building and consensus building are a must
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and administrative skills
* Must demonstrate a strong and proactive work ethic including positive attitude, reliability and flexibility
* Strategic thinker with a firm understanding of how operations services support business objectives
* Ability to build and manage relationships with executives, management team and external guests
* Must be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks while working well under pressure.
* Must be a self-starter and work productively with minimal direction
* Must learn quickly and produce under pressure and tight deadlines
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Ability to present ideas in a meaningful and well understood manner to diverse audiences
* Highly self-motivated with keen attention to detail
* Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US