Director - Education Partnerships
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, VA
Full Time Job
Director - Education Partnerships (NE)
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Director of Education Partnerships leads the team in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to develop partnerships with K-12 districts to increase student achievement.
The Director of Education Partnerships focuses on developing strategic relationships to identify opportunities for Discovery Education services to support district vision and goals. This position will be focused on leading sustained growth of partnerships in the North East (Pennsylvania-Maine).
Education Partnerships (Sales)
1. Collaborate with Vice President to develop and implement a regional strategy that positions team for success.
2. Grows business pipeline for region to a minimum of 3x of the revenue target each year and strategically direct resources to convert opportunities to partnerships.
3. Develop and expand relationships with Superintendents and cabinet members in the Northeast accounts to support team revenue goals.
4. Work with educational partners to implement solutions that meet their objectives. Portfolio should include a mix of digital streaming, professional development and Techbook services.
5. Provide thought leadership to partners by connecting educators with a like-minded community and effective models for change.
1. Work with the Partner Success team to ensure integration of Discovery Education services within key strategic accounts.
2. Ensure ongoing dialogue with highest-level administrators involved in large-scale implementations. Monitor implementation progress with key district stakeholders to insure positive impact and efficacy.
3. Communicate effectively across Discovery Education to inform the growth of our business.
Knowledge of Education Trends & Discovery Education Services
1. Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of all Discovery Education services.
2. Knowledge of education trends and issues in the Northeast.
3. Present overview of Discovery Communications, Discovery Education and services in a credible and consistent manner. Ensure all team members are capable of the same.
4. Consistently work with teams at Discovery Education to position services in a meaningful and solution oriented way.
5. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, and anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
6. Effectively communicate with educational partners regarding current educational topics and trends (i.e. Next Generation Science Standards, funding, legislation, technology, etc.).
Leadership & Collaboration
1. Collaborate with team to exceed defined revenue targets through consistent territory reviews, implementation and account plans.
2. Develop sales strategies for targeted accounts and enroll key stakeholders to successfully implement those tactics.
3. Model effective communication, presentation skills, account strategy, and problem solving for the team.
4. Collaborate and share best practices to support the team capacity for securing new partnerships.
5. Demonstrated passion for improving teaching and learning in schools.
6. Effectively communicate across Discovery Education.
1. Maintain a thorough understanding of Discovery Education’s overall goals and strategic vision. Share this knowledge with team and partners when appropriate.
2. Provide consistently positive and energetic leadership for the team.
3. Travel approximately 60-80% of time (with seasonal variations). This may include weekend travel.
4. Meet with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
5. Establish strong relationships will all internal and external partners.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience, Master’s degree preferred
* Proven track record of multiple years of sales and account management experience, and experience leading a team in achieving a common goal in the K-12 education market
* Strong negotiation, interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills required
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment
* Education experience preferred
* Candidate must be willing to travel (60-80%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD, SS, Washington, DC