Custom Ad Sales Research Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Custom Ad Sales Research Manager support the company’s Ad Sales Custom/Primary Research Group. This role will support development of findings of custom surveys and projects to explore opportunity areas for audience alignment and understanding. This manager will also be responsible for helping to develop network sales positioning presentations, both quantitative and qualitative to inform Ad Sales executives.
1. Develop and execute of large scale quantitative and qualitative studies to inform Ad Sales Strategy and positioning
2. Collect, analyze and interpret data gathered through studies and surveys
3. Develop sales positioning one-sheets and presentations to sales staff using Custom and syndicated data
4. Respond to all AE/Sales Planner requests for strategic positioning ideas.
5. Coordinate with the Ad Sales Analytics team to provide insight related to audience behavior
6. Evangelize research findings throughout the Ad Sales organization through written reports and oral presentations
7. Manage Sales-focused Influencer Panel surveys from programming to analysis
8. Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors’ degree in a related area of study
* Minimum 5 of primary research experience including survey development and programming, focus groups and ethnographies. Experience with Campaign Ad Effectiveness studies preferred.
* Proven ability to translate research findings into cohesive e-mails, one sheets and presentations.
* Possess a natural curiosity, including needing to know “the why”
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Top communication skills both oral and written a must.
* Some experience with applications such as MRI and NPower preferred but not required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail
* Candidate will also possess high level of maturity and professionalism and must demonstrate ability to function in a team environment
* Computer proficiency mandatory including in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and graphics packages (preferably Excel and PowerPoint).
* Self-starter, curious and ambitious with tools and information delivery
* Familiarity with the television industry and its workings strongly preferred; familiarity with marketing and media planning techniques strongly preferred
* Ability to work under pressure with continuous ability to advise on how best to apply data in real time to media plans
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States