Sr. Engineer, Application Support
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Applications Support Engineer will work on resolving issues affecting Deluxe business unit, related primarily to .NET / Windows applications and systems. Hire will work closely with the development teams and infrastructure teams. As part of the application
support team, hire will help maximize application availability, usability, and drive incident resolution.
• Work to resolve product and infrastructure-related technical issues as reported by internal staff or escalated from the external customers, from simple end user question to complete outage.
• Work with various subject matter experts to meet the time constraints of the defined service level agreements
• Participate in the on-call rotation to handle emergencies outside of business hours.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of system and support documentation.
• Monitor production application availability, usage and performance and react when issues are imminent
• Contribute in the design and development of systems working with end users, QA, and development resources
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Experience and understanding of industry standards in supporting web applications based on a SQL, .Net, C#, CSS, HTML framework, operating in a client, service and server (n-Tier) architecture model.
• Proficient knowledge of T-SQL, with ability to confidently generate ad hoc queries
• Ability to manipulate and analyze data; database, spreadsheet (Excel), log files analysis, etc.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems, i.e. remote access tools, Windows support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and concept, and apply it effectively
• Understand concept of root cause analysis and able to suggest short-term and long-term solutions
• Very detail-oriented in all aspects of work performed
• Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively and politely interact with customers.
• B.Sc. degree strongly desired
• Experience administering Linux systems a plus
• Experience with Agile Project Management tools a plus (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Git, etc)
• Two to 3 years of experience supporting Windows n-Tier based applications.
• B.Sc. Computer Science or Information Technology degree or equivalent experience