Senior Software Systems Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentSolana Beach, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have a need for a GOLANG DEVELOPER / ENGINEER.
This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to 'make things'. It requires a highly motivated engineer with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
This position is working with our San Diego office, but the hiring leaders are OPEN TO REMOTE WORK for qualified candidates.
WHO WE HIRE:
• Candidates with extensive experience working in Linux environments.
• Candidate who are skilled in scripting/coding in one of the following: Python, Java, C++
• Candidates who have used Golang for at least 2 years
• Candidates familiar with Kubernetes, an open-source systems for automating deployment
• Candidates who has experience working with Cloud products (AWS, Azure)
• Candidates who are strong problem-solvers and
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage, maintain, support & improve our complete Containerized/Virtualized platform including the Software Development Lifecycle in a fully automated fashion.
• This role will span responsibilities across infrastructure, networking as well as software development. The individual will need to think out of the box and come up with solutions that scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant. In this position
the individual will function as a swiss-army knife and mentor to others.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with a Linux operating system.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of Linux/UNIX, networking and programming fundamentals.
• 2+ years programming with Golang
• Solid understanding of container technologies and related eco-system such as Docker, Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes, Etcd, Nomad, Consul among others.
• At least 1 year hands-on experience with Terraform.
• Experience with at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Java, C++
• 5+ years experience with high-traffic, high-volumes applications.
• Experience with distributed systems and related concepts.
• Good knowledge and understanding of SQL vs. NoSQL datastores including but not limited to Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch.
• Experience with load-balancers, proxies, and service discovery.
• Hand-on experience with cloud providers such as AWS, DigitalOcean, GCE.
• Solid understanding of network stack and protocols fundamentals.
• Expertise in SDLC/SCM (Software Configuration Management) methodologies and release management processes.
• Expertise in automating Configuration Management, Build Management, and Release Engineer processes.
• Expertise in managing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline such as Jenkins.
• Guide and mentor others as needed.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.