VP of Finance
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Head of Finance will be responsible for managing the accounting department and working with the CEO to optimize, scale and standardize the company's finance operations and processes.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
• Direction of the accounting and reporting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, overseeing all transactions related to the GL and month-end close.
• Responsible for monthly accounting close processes, which include ensuring accurate results are delivered on-time to the team. Ensure all accounts are reconciled at month end.
• Leadership role in re-designing and implementing changes to the monthly close process.
• Continuous improvement of controls and processes.
• Identify and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic and business goals.
• Assist with the management and coordination of banking relationships and treasury management.
• Manage relationships with external financial statement auditors as well as internal audit provider.
• Oversee the quarterly and annual financial statement filing process.
• Manage statutory compliance within foreign jurisdiction.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
¥ 8-10 years of financial experience with at least two years of recent relevant Controller, Assistant Controller, or equivalent experience.
¥ Must have advertising experience.
¥ Experience in cash flow management.
¥ Experience in QuickBooks.
¥ Ability to multi-task and handle multiple, shifting priorities.
¥ Demonstrated ability to stay current with emerging trends and relevant legislation that impacts accounting and financial reporting.
¥ Experience with varied financial reporting, accounting and business practices.
¥ Prior experience in managing teams and staff members.
¥ Ability to interact with executives and across functions.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online