Intern - to TV/Screenwriter
ConfidentialSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Please read this very carefully and respond only if you meet the following requirements:
1. Will you be in Los Angeles in January? (Bonus points if you're available for at least one morning a week).You should be.
2. Are you on the west side of Los Angeles? You should be. (Since this is an unpaid internship, I'd prefer someone who doesn't have a major commute).
3. Do you have previous internship/work experience for a lit agent or manager? You should. And yes, that's important.
4. Do not send a generic cover letter. That means no ''Dear Hiring Manager'' type addresses; just use ''To Whom It May Concern.''
5. You should be fearless and confident when it comes to making cold calls to production companies. This is absolutely crucial.
Remember: Any cover letter addressed to ''hiring manager,'' or anything other than ''To Whom It May Concern'' will be discarded unread.
If those items apply to you, please read on.
My manager is recovering from an illness so, under my guidance, you'd be making calls to production companies on his behalf. You'll have access to a prod co database.
You should be fearless, smart and have an engaging personality. Persistent but polite.
Should you make a contact resulting in a sale, you will get a nice check.
And initially, you'd be working from my place on the west side so PLEASE BE LOCAL. Once you show me you can handle the calls and know how to pitch projects, you'll be able to work from your home.
What are you waiting for? Send me your info now.
Reminder: This is an unpaid internship. But if a contact you make leads to a sale, you will be paid. Read the ad TWICE before you send me your information.
No flakes, please. That means you're ready to do this and won't change your mind 24 hours later.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online