Summer Intern - Ticket Sales
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Chicago Sky is seeking an excited, outgoing, and dedicated candidate that will interact with the general public while being an integral part of ongoing ticket sales efforts. The New Business Development intern will be a vital part of assisting the New Business Development Manager in all aspects of selling, fulfilling and executing sales initiatives. The position will gain hands-on experience in sales and marketing through implementing and planning in season activities throughout the 2018 season. Interns will also assist in facilitating grassroots marketing events including mascot appearances.
Note: While this position gives you invaluable experience in the sports marketing world, it is a non-paid position. Commissions are earned through all sales
• Assist in planning and executing various grassroots marketing activities with New Business Development Manager in order to drive ticket sales and brand awareness
• Identify potential sponsors and set up meetings for Business Manager to attend in the community
• Assist New Business Development Manager in group themed call campaigns, including various network events
• Attend meetings and events with New Business Manager as seen fit within the internship time frame
• Identify potential community networking events and leads for Sky employees to attend
• Raise fan support and Sky ticket sales through lead generation, cold calls, and events
• Aid New Business Development Manager and department in assigned tasks including research and projects
• Create and implement strategies to prospect, develop, and grow New Business opportunities and ideas
• General office duties
Criteria & Qualifications:
• Excellent phone and computer skills
• Detail oriented
• Able to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
• Comfortable meeting, speaking, and dealing with business owners and professionals
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for working in sports
• Live in Chicago-land Area and have access to reliable transportation
• Required to work Chicago Sky Events (nights and weekends may apply)
• Knowledge, enthusiasm, and interest in the Chicago Sky, women's professional sports, and the greater Chicago community
• Marketing, sports administration, or related business majors preferred
Candidates must be able to travel to Sky head office in Chicago, IL (McCormick Place) and to various events around the Chicago-land area. This position reports directly to the Ticket Sales and Services department and is an unpaid internship. Academic credit is available with potential to continue employment after the 2018 season.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why do you want to sell the WNBA?
• Will this internship be for academic credit?
• Will you have transportation & housing in the Chicago area?