Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Chicago Bulls are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing team. In this role, your primary focus will be to drive a cohesive, enterprise-wide strategy to connect and deepen our relationship with youth and families in Chicagoland. We are searching for a collaborative leader who has a deep understanding of fan/customer segmentation and can work together with the broader internal team to develop and execute marketing strategies based on set goals. In this position, you will also be responsible for all youth and family outreach, including extracting customer data and analyzing profiles to determine market segment strategies.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for fulfilling the following activities:
• Responsible for the long-term engagement plan, day-to-day maintenance and scalability of the Bulls marketing strategy focused on youth and family engagement.
• Utilize and apply research insights and industry trends to develop targeted product offerings or marketing campaigns.
• Work with Business Strategy & Analytics to conduct market research and provide recommendations to determine future initiatives to develop understanding for the unmet fan needs for youth and families.
• Accelerate meaningful lead generation resulting in increased ticket sales, camp registrations and kids club memberships.
• Manage database, resources and fulfillment process for the membership program.
• Serve as day-to-day liaison to the Jr. NBA and local youth basketball clinics, ensuring the organization is aligned with league initiatives and curriculum.
• Lead integrated internal Youth Engagement Committee meetings; Develop opportunities to leverage core programs aligned with youth strategy.
• Identify youth influencers/trend setters; provide insight into current youth culture trends and behaviors.
• Lead youth centric grassroots efforts aimed at building a stronger tie with families.
• Work with Corporate Partnerships to develop core sponsor programs both short and long term. Support Partnership Marketing in activating programs.
• Partner with the Ticketing team to build marketing recommendations for family-centric offerings.
• Attends all youth league meetings and serves as team representative.
The team is looking to place a highly organized self-starter who works well across departments and has direct experience into this role. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
• 5-6 years of full-time relevant experience preferred
• Proven ability to analyze current business issues, end-user needs and formulate market segmentation strategies; segmentation experience a plus
• Proven experience in brand marketing, communications, or related areas with a focus on youth marketing.
• Highly skilled in project management, specifically working on large project implementations that require collaboration to meet deadlines and deliverables
• Working familiarity with data capture, digital, creative development, advertising and events
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
• Positive relationship building skills and familiarity with the Chicagoland market
• Ability to communicate articulately and confidently with individuals at every level of the organization
• Ability to lead meetings and manage multiple priorities at once
• Experience with managing a budget for large and small work projects
• Ability to see the big picture, apply judgement to context, and make strategic decisions accordingly
• People management experience preferred
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have 5-6 years of relevant full-time brand marketing experience? [Yes/No]
• Do you have full-time experience working on brands focused on youth and family? [Yes/No]
• Do you have experience working in or adjacent to the sports industry? [Yes/No]
• Do you have experience with partnership integration? [Yes/No]
• Do you have 2-3 years of Project Management experience? [Yes/No]
• Do you have experience in digital, community relations and grassroots marketing? [Yes/No]
• In previous full time roles, have you directly managed a team? [Yes/No]
• What types of companies / clients do you have experience working with?