Summer Paid Intern - Sports
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
CNN Sports is looking for an all-star intern to experience, learn and assist in sports newsgathering and production for all CNN Platforms: TV & Digital. We are made up of enthusiastic journalists who create sports content within a news climate including Bleacher Report segments on CNN-US and the World Sport daily show on CNN International.
What will you be doing?
• Interns assist sports newsgathering by providing event coverage support, logging interviews and game highlights, researching stories, and gathering video elements for edit.
• Interns assist sports production by researching and pitching story ideas, gathering video and graphic elements and greeting on-air guests.
• Interns also assist the teams with basic administrative and production tasks.
What do we need from you?
• Passion for sports and a strong interest in storytelling
• Knowledge of professional soccer / futbol is a plus!
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented and reliable
• Must be computer literate and well-versed in the areas of social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Available to work out of Atlanta location
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
• Must be proficient with Final Cut Pro (or similar) video editing software.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender /or veteran military status.