Summer Paid Intern - National Content Center
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2018 Intern - CNN National Content Center (NCC)
What does our department do?
• News gather for all CNN Networks - including Domestic, International, HLN and Digital.
• Pitch and generate stories for traditional and new media platforms.
• Work closely with desk partners, field personnel and executive teams to develop and report high-quality journalism.
What will you be doing?
• Work closely with editors to gather and disseminate information during breaking news.
• Assist in obtaining, organizing and logging elements.
• Search social media for pertinent news tips and sources.
• Initiate, facilitate and execute stories for CNN Digital and other Networks.
What do we need from you?
• A driven and hardworking member of our team that we can depend on.
• Someone who wants to learn about news at its core: the assignment desk.
• A multi-tasking individual who likes to switch it up, with something different every day.
• A journalist who thrives in a fast-paced news environment.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.