Summer Paid Intern - Editorial
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2018 Intern - CNN Editorial (The Row)
What does our department do?
• The CNN News Group is the foremost newsgathering and information organization in the world. In addition to CNN, the news networks include CNN US, HLN, CNN International and CNN en Español.
• The Row is the editorial quality-control clearinghouse for CNN's original reporting.
• Located in the center of the main Atlanta newsroom, The Row is one of CNN's key editorial nerve centers.
• The Row executive producers sign off on each TV package and original web offering.
• Researchers on The Row fact-check each script before it is cleared for edit.
• The Row is a high-pressure environment, where attention to detail, and care is highly valued.
• This highly sought-after internship is most valuable for its intense and up-close view of the day-to-day editorial process. If you want to learn how the sausage is made, this is the internship for you.
What will you be doing?
• Interns may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as learning and training on how The Row contributes to research, adding reporting and context to packages in production, as well as helping check facts in scripts for air.
• Intern may have a chance to develop his/her own story ideas from research to production under the supervision of a producer.
• Also, the intern may learn how to organize The Row script and tape archives
What do we need from you?
• Should be pursuing a career as a reporter, editor or producer.
• Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The newsroom is an extremely fast-paced environment and information must be conveyed concisely and quickly.
• Candidates should possess solid reporting and research skills (web, phone, etc.), and be enthusiastic about both.
• Candidates should also be extremely well versed in current events, aware and interested in domestic and international news.
• Curious self-starters have excelled in the past.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.