Summer Paid Intern - Digital Video
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
Produce daily text-on-screen and reporter-driven videos for all of CNN Digital's platforms-- Shoot and edit longer documentary-style videos for digital, CNNGO and TV-- Cover breaking news stories around the world-- Work closely with writers and social media editors to program video news content on the core site and mobile apps, Facebook, Snapchat and more.
What will you be doing?
• Assist producers on local shoots
• Edit digital videos using our templates and in-house footage.
• Pitch your own stories to produce from start to finish
• Transcribing field interviews, logging video, researching and searching for archival footage
What do we need from you?
• Strong editorial judgment and avid news consumer
• Passionate interest in digital media and journalism
• Comfortable shooting with high-end DSLRs like the Canon 5D, C300 or Sony A7 II and editing in Adobe Premiere
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.