Summer Paid Intern - Digital Data News
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• Collaborate with journalists around CNN
• Report stories requiring data analysis
• Dig through data to uncover and report distinct news stories
• Bolster daily news coverage with data trends
What will you be doing?
• Working alongside journalists from all parts of the global CNN family
• Crunching numbers to identify patterns and trends
• Reporting on some of the biggest news stories of the day
• Hunting for distinct angles that differentiate CNN in the digital space
What do we need from you?
• A hunger for news
• A fluency in data-journalism basics
• A desire to learn - and teach
• A collaborative spirit
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.