UX Director, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities CNBC Digital Product & Design is seeking a Director, User Experience to join our team to drive user analysis, research, and testing of prototypes and designs across all the digital properties and platforms of CNBC. The Director of User Experience reports into the VP, Product and Design.
You will lead a team of UX researchers and interactive designers to understand the needs of external and internal customers, and translate findings into actionable solutions.
You will partner with the Director of Visual Design and cross functional designers to identify opportunities for improving and creating new customer experiences.
You will collaborate with UX / design team, product owners, data analytics, developers and marketing to identify areas of research focus and oversee the execution and reporting of your findings and be able to provide recommendations for improvement.
You will provide overall thought leadership in user experience and interaction design.
A successful Director of User Experience will evangelize the importance of user research across the organization, be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects, and ultimately build a team who will focus on building the best customer experience for our users.
As the Director of User Experience, you will lead and be responsible for understanding and helping improve user journeys and the overall experiences of all CNBC products, platforms and distributed content.
You will work directly with key executive and senior stakeholders, partners, and customers to elaborate new concepts and designs for user experiences, and propose architectures to meet business, technical, and usability goals for both clinical-facing teams and editorial systems across web, mobile apps and emerging platforms.
You will partner with various cross-functional agile teams that include: product managers, project managers, developers, designers, and QA. You will convert user research findings into specific actionable designs and solutions that will help achieve business goals. Qualifications/Requirements • Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
• Manage multiple UX projects and allocate resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
• Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
• Lead qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future CNBC Digital products.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and visual designers to ensure a smooth product development process and team efficiency.
• Partner with teams to assess project needs and develop appropriate research plans to support their objectives.
• Lead and incorporate a variety of research methodologies such as moderated usability testing, contextual inquiries, surveys, card sorting activities, persona/scenario development, and unmoderated or remote studies.
• Synthesize usability research into actionable recommendations that inform requirements, design strategy and execution.
• Build a framework and process to collect and leverage User Insights and ensure an optimal Customer Experience across all platforms.
• Recruit new UX designers, researchers and actively participate in the hiring process.
• Actively contribute as a UX researcher and design strategist, as needed.
• Collaborate and manage vendor relationships and project load.
• Create reports based on market trends and user surveys, analyzing the information and relaying observations to inform design and product teams.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more! Desired Characteristics • You are an advocate for the user and know how to balance business needs with usability needs.
• Minimum 10 years industry experience in a management or leadership role leading teams in user research, strategy, UX design, testing plans, execution and ongoing optimization.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in User-Centered Design or related field would be a plus.
• Can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods, user-centered design principles, and has a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design.
• You have knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, user testing (Multivariate A/B testing), wireframes, customer journey and experience maps, design best practices, usability standards, and current digital trends.
• You can communicate UI rationale to key stakeholders, and work with your team and peers across CNBC to collaborate on solutions to common design problems.
• Experience with developing screeners, overseeing the user recruiting process, writing and developing test plans, discussion guides, and user task flows.
• Has a deep toolbox of fundamental research methodologies, especially ethnography, contextual inquiries, heuristic evaluations, card-sorting exercises, usability studies (in-person and remote), rapid prototyping, and others as appropriate.
• Has proficiency with analytics packages for uncovering insights and comparing with qualitative research.
• Experience in Lean UX and Agile methodologies a major plus.
• Has developed case studies of data and user-insight driven projects with demonstrable results
• Experience in high-level product strategy all the way to production.
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Organizational and analytical skills.