Full Time Job
Responsibilities This is a role for an experienced financial reporter based in Beijing, with a proven track record of writing compelling, accurate and balanced business stories for a global, digital audience. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated journalist who holds a passionate and proven interest in China-its economy and government, its ever-shifting business and finance landscapes, and its growing role in international affairs. Qualifications/Requirements KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Beijing Correspondent will have responsibility for the following:
• Write news items and analysis pieces for CNBC.com, including quick, breaking stories and long-form reports, on tight deadlines for a global audience.
• Cultivate sources, building relationships with people and institutions and using information to break news.
• Create news stories based on financial events, comments from CNBC television interviews and analysts' reports.
• React to breaking news in a timely manner, regularly updating developing news stories with catchy headlines and strong lead and context paragraphs.
• Produce robust stories with relevant videos, images graphics and links using a content management system.
• Use social media to source news and distributor content.
• May be required to appear on television broadcasts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have the following:
• An in-depth knowledge of financial markets, business concepts and economics, particularly within the Asia Pacific region.
• Substantial experience as a reporter in a fast-paced news environment is and preferably with wire services or mainstream news outfits.
• A self-starter attitude and comfortable working with a larger team outside China
• Strong team player who can work as part of a dynamic and energetic group.
• A sophisticated understanding of Chinese business, politics, finance, government and international relations.
• Excellent writing ability and news instincts, paired with exceptional communications and reporting skills.
• Strong time-management and the ability to multitask are necessary to juggle multiple stories under tight deadlines.
• Good knowledge of social media and experience working on content management systems would be preferred.
- Eligibility to work in China or willing to relocate to China
- Fluency in Mandarin is strongly preferred
- Comfortable with shift work associated with a 24-hour news operation.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.