Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Associate Producer is responsible for helping lead the creation and production of CNBC's live business news shows and show segments, working with the Show Producer on overall content and production. The Associate producer should be able to line a regular daily live show with very little guidance. The role is ideal for candidates with extensive TV production experience and proven knowledge of business news content. Qualifications/Requirements Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Producer in managing the show production team.
- Responsible for effective delegation of tasks such as segments, scripts, graphics and guest booking.
- Plan and execute compelling story ideas in both live, pre-recorded and package formats.
- Produce and project-manage live and pre-recorded outside broadcasts across EMEA.
- Live gallery production, with a responsibility for reacting to breaking news.
- Ability to line-produce a show and fill in for the producer in the gallery if necessary
- Building and maintaining relationships with CNBC guests and contributors.
- Communicate with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially the operations, gallery and graphics teams to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience within a leading international news organisation.
- Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news.
- Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Asian business, economics, and financial markets.
- A clear understanding of CNBC's editorial and programming priorities.
- Control room/gallery experience.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of iNews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems
- Strong understanding of the role of social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.