Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2016 8:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Strategist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Strategist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Strategist?
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Strategist to join its team in New York. This person will primarily oversee Facebook publishing for the BuzzFeed social team, while also working with the team to support other social platforms.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills—and someone who keeps a watchful eye on the ever-changing Facebook algorithms.
This is job requires previous social media experience and is based in our New York City office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Oversee Facebook publishing and assist with strategy for several of BuzzFeed’s pages.
• Sharing learnings from social that can be applied cross-platform and vertical.
• Work closely with BuzzFeed.com editors in optimizing their content for Facebook and teaching best practices
• Engage with BuzzFeed Facebook community, spearheading crowd-sourced projects to build relationships with our audience.
• Generate ideas for other platforms, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more.
• Proven social media experience and data analysis skills.
• Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves.
• Understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular.
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition.
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters)
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. If selected to move forward in the process, be prepared to discuss pieces of BuzzFeed content that you feel have performed particularly well on social media in the past year.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.