Fall Intern - PR
Ballantines PRNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This is an unpaid part-time or full-time internship with a daily stipend of $20.
We are looking for a motivated, organized, creative thinker that is interested in exploring all areas of public relations, social media and marketing. An internship at BPR is very hands on. You will have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of a boutique PR company, with an opportunity to join our NY team full-time upon graduation.
Days and hours are flexible. We can discuss what schedule works best for you.
234 5th Avenue, New York NY 10001
• Conduct destination, culture, art, design, fashion and entertainment trend research
• Research media publications
• Draft pitches, press releases and invitations
• Scan and clip media coverage
• Assist with monthly reporting (excel and PowerPoint)
• Compile media lists in Cision and/or compile media profiles
• Maintain media contact database
• Sit in on client calls/meetings, and assist with creation of call agendas and minutes
• Assist with new client proposals
• Participate in creative brainstorming
• Participate in PR webinars and training sessions
• Participate in office meetings
• Participate in client events (assist with check-in, introductions, etc)
• Assist with event planning
• Draft blog posts for BPR's blog
• Office duties such as running errands, scanning documents, etc
• Liaise with Los Angeles based colleagues
• Proficient in powerpoint, word, and excel.
• Basic understanding of public relations, press releases, etc.
• Basic understanding of social media.
Founded in 2000, BPR is an award-winning, full-service, bi-coastal lifestyle public relations firm headquartered in West Hollywood, CA. We are founded on key global media relationships, strategic thinking and innovative campaigns. Focused on staying ahead of the trends, we have a proven track record of consistently delivering profitable results for our clients, locally, nationally and internationally.
The BPR team has experience working with high-end consumer-driven clients in the hospitality, entertainment, technology, automotive, non-profit, real estate, design and government sectors. Our goals are to introduce our clients' untold stories as well as to creatively reinforce their already celebrated narratives that will support our partners' objectives.
We are known and recognized for our deep media relationships; our expertise and affiliations in business development and strategic partnerships; our detailed reporting procedures that indicate your Return on Investment (ROI); and our complex and creative PR strategies and storytelling.
Our past/present client roster includes: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, St. Regis Bora Bora, Marriott International (luxury and lifestyle brands), Four Seasons Hotel New York, City of West Hollywood, Mani Brothers Real Estate, Four Seasons Hotels, Tusk Trust (with Prince William and Kate), British Academy of Film and Television Arts, Tourism Authority of Thailand, The GREAT Britain Campaign, South Carolina Film Commission, Bosch, Thermador, Caesarstone, Sony, FOX, Universal Music Group, Lionsgate, Disney, Marvel, Warner Brothers, Virgin Atlantic, Dior, Museum of Contemporary Art, AKA Beverly Hills, AKA Marylebone, Sunset Marquis Hotel, Malibu Beach Inn, Tribe Hotel in Nairobi, Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey, Borana Ranch in Kenya, The New Mexico State Tourism Department, The New Mexico State Film Office, Albuquerque Studios, South Carolina Film Commission and Tourism, State of Arizona, City of Phoenix, Ocean Prime, Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, City of Santa Fe, City of Santa Monica, City of Monterey, City of Palm Springs, Founders Forum, Sundance Film Festival events, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, and Raleigh Studios.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online