Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Process and maintain purchase orders using Oracle Purchasing system. Work closely with Accounts Payable and Receiving. Ensure timely and efficient receipt of business related goods. Provide general company-wide support to various BMI staff members.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Execute against category strategies set by Procurement Director, including; tasks and skills related to, but not be limited to, leveraging spend, driving operational cost savings, purchase strategy, performance monitoring, and problem resolution.
• Manipulate and analyze large volumes of data.
• Communicate and work with BMI Procurement Service team on supplier performance and problem resolution. Assist with development and maintenance of supplier relationships.
• Assist Buyer and Director in the resolution of problems with logistics, RFP's, AFCE's, special projects, etc.
• Create Purchase Orders for requisitions for goods and services through the Oracle purchasing system. Place online orders, fax and phone orders and handle emergency purchases.
• Locate source for items where suggested vendor is not known by requisitioner.
• Obtain W9 from new vendors and complete required credit information.
• Review invoices for correct pricing, quantities and receipt of goods purchased.
• Prepare monthly reports for categories as directed. Review reports for possible better pricing on volume items.
• Develop and maintain cost improvement plans.
• Proactively contact vendor to negotiate better terms/pricing.
• Contact vendors and departments as problems arise with shipping/delivery and resolve those issues.
• Open and process incoming Purchasing mail.
• Organize and maintain filing system.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum (3) years procurement experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Strong experience supporting procurement-related systems and procedures
• Experience with Oracle Financial modules preferred
• Capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting the established deadlines
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to clearly communicate, both written and verbally
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to changes and quickly learn new processes
• Must be a team player, while being flexible and open to challenges
• Ability to establish good working relationships with co-workers and personnel in other departments