Social Media Designer
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Position/Title: Social Media Designer
Reports to: Sr. Director, Social Media Marketing Strategy
Employment: Full Time, Staff Position
Location: New York – 1540 Broadway, 28th Floor
BET Networks is looking for a Social Media Designer reporting to the Sr. Director of Social Media Marketing Strategy to support the social media marketing efforts for BET, CentricTV, BET JAMS, BET Soul and BET Music social channels.
The ideal candidate is a creative powerhouse that is a Social and Digital native, who leverages their design expertise to align with BET’s marketing initiatives. In addition, the ideal candidate produces creative that ignites passion and action within our fan base. The designer will utilize social platforms to host their creative reactions to cultural milestones and the hottest topics on Black Twitter, to the Brand’s global Black audience.
BET Networks’ reimagined Social Media team needs a self-starter with an “always-on” mentality who can hit the ground running with creative solutions of their own design. Candidates will be required to show a portfolio demonstrating modern, thoughtful designs across websites, landing pages, social media, and print. In addition, this person must have the ability to partner with the BET Consumer Marketing, Creative Services/CSX teams to deliver the strongest work for our programming, and for the Brand.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of graphic design with relevant experience in the social media space, preferably in Entertainment/Media/Urban Culture. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premier, Illustrator and DreamWeaver; Two to three years of equivalent work experience with Final Cut Pro ideal. Ability to create illustrations with one to two day turnaround. Experience in animation, video, traditional print and production a must. Possess a solid understanding of graphic design, typography, color theory and illustration. Firm understanding of social media/web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and image optimization techniques. Comprehensive knowledge of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, etc. and what kind of graphics work on what kind of platform...and why.
• Responsibilities: -
• Conceive and design creative responses for BET program promotion, cultural milestones, and topics of discussion by the BET social audience.
• Develop creative representations of the unique voices and tones of the various brands under BET Networks.
• Create and edit short videos, animations and gifs using raw footage captured on set with camera phones by Social Coordinators.
• Work with Social Coordinators to develop creative for franchise, program and other promotions a minimum of one week in advance of publish.
• Manage interdepartmental creative dialogue to ensure that BET Social creative is consistent with linear and digital design language.
• Lead the social team in discovering and using apps that can allow them to execute basic design duties.
• Deliver regularly scheduled creative assets that include but aren’t limited to Facebook/Twitter mastheads, avatars, and platform specific display ads.
• Create and maintain a brand book for all BET social media channels.
• Multitask and manage numerous projects in a very fast-paced environment. Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on a team, sit in meetings, and communicate closely with others, sometimes during off-hours.
• Flexibility with moderate travel and nights/weekend hours may be required. -