BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director reports to the Vice President of BETN Audience Analytics. The ideal candidate is a team leader possessing forward-thinking analytical skills with a background analyzing on-air, digital and convergent research quantitatively and qualitatively. This position will be responsible for managing
Strategic initiatives including supporting the development and implementation of strategic scenarios and regular reporting for Senior Ad Sales Management. This position will require interaction with both internal and external clients including Sales, Programming, Marketing, Research and Distribution.
• Identify process improvement and profit opportunities through rigorous analysis of very large data pools
• Partner with the Strategy team to support performance analysis and business model development
• Identify Market opportunities by working with Sales and Strategic management team to set and monetize specific programming goals
• Develop innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish BETN on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
• Work with Research Management to establish best standards and practices for multiplatform research analysis and reporting
• Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Senior Ad Sales Management
• Establish strong rapport and solid relationship/partnership with Senior Ad Sales Management and Research cohorts is critical.
• Participate in meetings, offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings
• Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests
• Strive to make meaningful contributions both oral and written
• Embed onself in the understandng of the BET culture and offerings to better service and support the goals/needs.
• Qualification/Skills: 6 years in related media research
• Understanding of Pricing & Planning/Inventory is ideal!
• Expert in Nielsen based applications is a must: i.e-(MultiTrak, N-Power, Nielsen/MRI fusion, TechEdge, Market Breaks, Lake 5) and digital/VOD/social systems and measurement (comScore, Omniture, Adobe, @Plan, Rentrak, Nielsen Social, Sharablee)
• Passion for the BET Brand along with the lifestyle programming & content showcased on the channel.
• Expertise using consumer based studies: MRI, YouGov, Mintel etc.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Extensive background in creating custom presentations using a variety of resources
• A comfortable and experienced public speaker and presenter
• Experience supervising, motivating, mentoring and training a research staff
• Works well both independently and within a large group dynamic