Major League Interpreter - Spanish-speaking
Arizona DiamondbacksPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2018 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Major League Interpreter - Spanish-speaking jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Major League Interpreter - Spanish-speaking postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Major League Interpreter - Spanish-speaking? Job Purpose :
Taking direction from the Sr. Director, Player & Media Relations and Sr. Manager, Player & Media Relations, the Major League Interpreter will serve as a conduit between the team's Spanish-language Major League players and all media, coaches and other needs, as necessary. The position will also serve a dual role in the team's Communications Department, assisting with Media Relations and Social Media efforts both at home and on the road. This candidate must possess strong character and communication skills to effectively relate to the adjusting needs of the organization.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
• Serve as the Spanish-language interpreter for all Major League personnel at both home and away (the position is expected to attend all (or most) of the 162 games each season in addition to Spring Training)
• Serve as the point-person between Spanish-speaking media and the D-backs' organization, including occasional role as an official club spokesperson
• Contribute to Media & Player Relations efforts with responsibilities that may include interview coordination, daily notes, media guide creation and credential assistance, among others
• Oversee the team's Social Media efforts in Spanish while contributing to the club's English-language account, including video and photo content gathering at home and on the road. This content may be shared on all team platforms in both languages
• Utilize creative skill set to help grow the team's Spanish-language social media following and contribute to the team's efforts in Hispanic initiatives, including Marketing, Broadcasting, Community Affairs and Media Relations
• Serve as the primary translator of English-language news releases to Spanish (when required)
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with the Sr. Vice President, Sr. Director and Sr. Manager to ensure that all efforts communicate the club's desired message while functioning successfully with the multitude of jobs you will receive
• Take ownership of the process for each project you are assigned, including inter-departmental communication, problem solving and business decision-making
• Be available on an as-needed basis to assist players with questions regarding the logistics of their employment as a Major League Baseball player (i.e., transportation, lodging, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Must be fluent in English & Spanish (both written and oral)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to create relationships with high-profile athletes, members of the media and front office colleagues
• Strong baseball knowledge preferred; general baseball knowledge required with an understanding of the nuances of the sport and clubhouse etiquette
• Self-motivated with the ability to remain calm under pressure; candidate should take personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represent the organization
• Possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop
• Must maintain professional attitude at all times and be receptive to feedback
• Must be able to work independently and collaborate as part of a cross functional team
• Must be willing to work long hours and weekends, as this position will attend every home and road game and will regularly work during abnormal business hours
Experience/ Education Requirements :
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Spanish or closely related discipline
• 1 years of professional experience in a sports/entertainment/corporate environment
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
• Perform physical activities such as assisting the Major League coaching staff with duties such as playing catch
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Travel approximately 50 percent of the season (one-third of the calendar year)
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you fluent in English & Spanish (both written and oral)?
• Do you have general baseball knowledge with an understanding of the nuances of the sport and clubhouse etiquette?
• Are you able to work long hours and weekends, as this position will attend every home and road game and will regularly work during abnormal business hours?
• Do you have a Bachelors Degree in Communications, Spanish or closely related discipline?
• Do you have 1 years of professional experience in a sports/entertainment/corporate environment? This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.