Associate Vendor Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Video has launched globally. With our massive catalog of titles and advanced delivery systems, we are changing the way our customers watch movies and TV shows. As we expand our reach across the world, localization of our video library is highly critical to delivering an excellent customer experience. We are seeking an Associate Vendor Manager for Video Catalog Localization in the Amazon Instant Video group to help meet the exciting challenges of an industry that is doubling in size every year.
This Associate Vendor Manager will be a critical member of the localization team and work as a key partner in the video supply chain to build a strong network of localization partners who can provide a range of services at a range of prices. They will also help build a network of translators and language experts who can collaborate with us on specialized workflows and quality assurance programs. As we expand to new territories, it will be critical to source and vet additional resources in that local language that will meet our quality bar at the scale we require. The set up and maintenance of our supply chain, and management of these relationships (companies and individuals) will be the primary responsibility of this team and will include sourcing, testing, rate negotiation, onboarding, and quality reviews.
The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation of the variations in global cultures, a passion for language, and a strong commitment to continuous learning. You will be part of a team that is focused on excellence and consistently raising the bar for ourselves and our customers. With the freedom and support to explore your own ideas, you will have the reward of seeing your contributions entertain and amaze millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
• Vendor relationship management including rate card negotiations and performance evaluation (assist on all stages from RFP to executed contract)
• Territory-wise research on local subtitling and other translation providers to identify suitable localization partners in the region
• Identify language experts and collaborate on test creation and deployment
• Coordinate test evaluation and manage results
• Liaison with partner integration team for technical onboarding of new vendors
• Ensure that supply chain can meet Amazon's extensive video catalog localization needs; maintain capacity dashboard
• Collate data for metrics dashboard and other quality analysis systems (SLAs, KPIs) to monitor and refine supply chain
• Consistently work towards improving tools, technologies, and processes
• Understand and exemplify the Amazon leadership principles
• Knowledge of subtitling or dubbing workflows
• Familiarity with content localization industry, its wide range of services, and associated costs
• In-depth knowledge of regional localization requirements and differing customer expectations
• Business analytics and experience with procurement and RFP initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree
• Passion for language and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong math skills and familiarity with data analysis methodologies
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders
• Commitment to continuous improvement and unwillingness to accept anything less than an excellent product
Professional working proficiency in a second language
Experience as a translator / subtitle editor / dubbing adapter
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.