Head Of Project Management, Creative Services
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle and Goliath along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Just Add Magic, the American Girl Series, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon Studios is seeking a Head of Project Management who will oversee a rapidly growing team of project managers with varying skill sets. This individual is a proven leader with a track record of successfully developing and mentoring team members. This individual will participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools, and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiencies across the organization and company-wide. This position reports to the Head of Marketing Operations & Production.
• Identify project risks and prepare solutions and contingency plans.
• Contribute to the long-term strategy and development of the department.
• Disseminate and apply best practices to cross-functional teams.
• Work collaboratively with internal teams within a Creative Services environment, including Brand Managers, Creative Directors, Social Media Managers, and Producers.
• Ensure consistent quality and performance of the project management team members.
• Ensure team establishes and maintains appropriate processes, procedures, forms and job tracking to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholder expectations.
• Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload.
• 7 years of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets.
• Experience working with Project Management Software to manage the life of a job (open job numbers, input milestones, track approval flow, etc.)
• Detailed knowledge of workflow within a marketing, production company, or in-house creative services agency.