Senior Java Developer
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position requires an individual with 7-10 years of experience in Java development utilizing Web Services. The Senior Java Developer position requires working in a dynamic technical team environment without any supervision, reporting to the Director of Application Development. The individual will be responsible for the development using Java Struts or Sprint framework, and Web services. This position requires PL/SQL skills and experience in large data volume processing. The candidate must have experience with Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS). The candidate must have great communication skills, documentation skills and a strong desire to learn and pursue continuing education. Position requires working closely with business users and external vendors.
• Plan, process and perform all jobs in an efficient manner with high quality products.
• Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements.
• Participate and contribute to the design of the new applications.
• Design and develop user interfaces to company applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; complete programming using languages and software products; design and conduct tests.
• Integrate applications by collaborating in database architecture design and studying to establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• Complete applications development by contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
• Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Experience with Java Struts or Spring framework, HTML, JSPs, Spring Batch , Web Services
• Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL
• Experience with enterprise ETL tools like SSIS, DataStage or Informatica
• Experience Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
• Experience with Unix and Shell scripting languages
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience with application security concepts and methodologies
• Good understanding of testing methodologies
• Experience in complete software development life cycle implementations.
• Excellent communication skills
• College degree required.