A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Payroll Specialist (Temp)
The Payroll Specialist will effectively manage the ongoing processes required for the processing of payroll, as well as optimizing quality, effectiveness and cost of payroll operations. This position will partner with ADP Payroll Services as well as support audits, acquisitions, and special projects. Ongoing responsibilities include the coordination of multiple state and local tax filings, oversight of multiple unemployment state accounts, providing assistance to reconciliation of the general ledger, processing payroll deductions and adjustments, working closely with internal Benefit Team to resolve deduction issues. Provide exceptional customer service.
• Assist in resolving payroll inquiries and issues.
• Direct responsibility for payroll deduction processing including taxes, benefit deductions, garnishments, union dues, charitable contributions.
• Partner effectively with HR, IT, Finance and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting.
• Develop and implement processes to ensure accurate collection, calculation, and entering of data.
• Provide necessary support to implementation of acquisitions and divestitures.
• Partnering with internal and external auditors to ensure satisfaction of requirements.
• Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Maintain required payroll information by designing efficient record keeping systems.
• Maintain awareness of existing and new legislation governing payroll requirements.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• 1 years of payroll administration and multi-state experience.
• ADP, Workday experience preferred
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Understanding of compensation and wage structure and benefits administration.
• Strong analytical, project management and problem resolution skills.
• Must have effective decision-making/critical thinking skills
• Ability to collaborate, consult and partner with all levels and work well in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal communications (verbal and written)
• Ability to multi-task, act with a sense of urgency and produce results.
• Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local rules and laws
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Educational Requirements BS/BA in human resources, finance, or business Other Skills and Knowledge Please note that this position is hired and paid through a third party vendor, with a maximum engagement of 18 months.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans