Intern - Distribution, New Media Product
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Distribution New Media Product intern will work with the distribution product and operations team on improving and enhancing A E's current TV Everywhere and OTT products. Responsibilities will include working with various departments across A E including programming, scheduling, production services, IT, broadcast engineering, digital media, and digital ad products on digital distribution focused initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual looking to learn more about the television industry and how traditional television is adapting to the digital world.
• Support QC efforts (e.g. verifying storefronting of high-priority content, jacket art, FF-disable compliance, etc.) across VOD and broadband platforms
• Attend meetings/initiatives with cross-department stakeholders (MOD Squad, etc.) to gain greater understanding of how Distribution interacts with various touchpoints across the organization
• Attend meetings with existing and prospective vendors
• Assist with identifying clients for authentication onboarding opportunities
• Work with business intelligence tools to create reports to manage compliance and inform scheduling strategy
Qualification Requirements Junior, senior or graduate students who are currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply. Should an opportunity be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the U.S. at the time of your arrival. Student must have a demonstrated interest in the industry and/or specific area of interest (i.e., marketing), as exemplified through past work experience, internships and/or major course of study and preferably a GPA of 3.0 or higher Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans