Citrix & Virtualization Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Infrastructure Services team is the backbone of global connectedness at A E Networks. We're dedicated to finding innovative ways to improve our customers' media, collaboration and anywhere computing experience while safeguarding our global network. Colleagues, customers and media partners across the global enterprise, depend on us to help architect, design, build, and maintain connectivity to support media interexchange, delivery, content and application delivery solutions. We're hooked on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest changes in software-defined networking (SDN) technologies, Cloud operability, and network optimization so everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems.
What's In It For YouOn our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise, including our Media Production, Security, Cloud, Infrastructure and Technical Operations areas. You will collaborate to improve our network automation, Cloud extendibility and network management capabilities, as well as help to address on-going elasticity and application delivery needs. We're always looking for new technologies to help us build solutions to complex problems, so we'll need you have your finger on the pulse of what's up and coming, and be ready to make recommendations.
We'll Trust You ToBe responsible for the overall integrity our Server infrastructure, including Citrix and VMWare environments which are critical to A E's user populace and application environments. You will also be responsible for the installation/configuration, design/build, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and data center infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards. Collaborate with engineering, application, global offices, vendors and operational groups to architect, design, build, and maintain security and application delivery solutions across A E Networks. Learn, test, implement, and recommend alternatives to existing commercial products. Troubleshooting server issues across multiple platforms and technologies to solve complex issues.
As a Citrix & Virtualization Engineer at A E Networks, your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the L3 escalation point for the Technical Operations team
• Provides a high level of technical expertise and support, experienced and knowledgeable on Windows server and desktop OSs, networking devices, Active Directory, DNS, storage systems (EMC), SQL Server, Citrix, and VMWare.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO domain level; Local GPO; profile management, folder redirection; IE security settings;
• Knowledge with following Citrix infrastructure components: Web interfaces, PNAServer, Access Gateway, NetScaler setup and administration, License Server management, Edgesight.
• Experience in implementing and configuring Citrix XenDesktop technologies, Provisioning Services (VDI and XenApp), XenServer, within a production environment
• Server level, thin computing HW/SW client side management
• Experience and knowledgeable with VMware ESX/ESXi, vSphere, VMView, and VMWare SRM
• Experience in following technologies, components or areas: MSI Packaging, Microsoft App-V, Citrix Streaming
• Conceptualize and design next generation data center virtual infrastructure, server, networks, storage (SAN/NAS), Cloud, Security, Lifecycle Management and Operations
• Ensure user satisfaction by providing technical assistance and user communication
• Assist and coordinate escalation of critical issues to appropriate personnel
• Monitor global system performance and carry out performance tuning
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, product, or service leadership
Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans