Enterprise Engineer - Citrix / Virtualization
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will execute solutions of VMware/Citrix infrastructure in a global enterprise environment. Participate in implementation of the global server virtualization platform, develop and maintain cloud virtualization layer, including workload analysis, template management and automation of server build. The engineer will participate in an advanced engineering and support role within the area of VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Provisioning Server. This position will coordinate implementation of recommended solutions with operational teams and evaluate the impact of changes across global sites. Maintain all inventory documentation relating to the storage and backup platform, including all related hardware, firmware and software releases and patches are reviewed, vetted and approved for installation
• Provides a high level of technical expertise and support, experienced and knowledgeable on Windows server and desktop OSs, networking devices, Active Directory, DNS, storage systems (EMC), SQL Server, Citrix, and VMWare.
• Experience in implementing and configuring Citrix XenDesktop technologies, Provisioning Services (VDI and XenApp), XenServer, within a production environment
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO domain level; Local GPO; profile management, folder redirection; IE security settings;
• Knowledge with following Citrix infrastructure components: Web interfaces, PNAServer, Access Gateway, NetScaler setup and administration, License Server management, Edgesight.
• Experience in following technologies, components or areas: MSI Packaging, Microsoft App-V, Citrix Streaming
• Server level, thin computing HW/SW client side management
• Experience and knowledgeable with VMware ESX/ESXi, vSphere, VMView
• Ensures appropriate & timely escalations when technology interests are being compromised to ensure the correct levels of management visibility.
• Contributes to work during non-business hours when appropriate to support major implementations or to react to service issues.
• Provides proactive problem management that reduces the volume of incident across the technology organization
• Administers the engineering life cycle of all infrastructures ensuring that all hardware and software are properly maintained and operates as intended.
• Supports technical queries from customers and internal technology employees.
• Conceptualize and design next generation data center virtual infrastructure, server, networks, storage (SAN/NAS), Cloud, Security, Lifecycle Management and Operations.
• Development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems.
• Understanding, recommending and guiding improvements across the infrastructure service layers of network, storage, server, virtualization, and operating systems.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of application and middleware integration with infrastructure platforms.
• Assists in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
• Ensures adherence to protocols for 24x7x365 response and notifications for alarms, emergencies, or critical incidents.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others to ensure adequacy of operational risk mitigation efforts.
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, product, or service leadership
• Develop team members to increase bench strength and flexibility of the functions.
• Facilitate effective, comprehensive, and consistent communications, for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, IT operations, and technology projects.
Minimum of ten (10) years of hands on experience from Administrator to Engineer
Minimum of 5 years of experience providing Tier 3 escalation support for legacy and current versions of Citrix and VMWare ESX;
Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, and implementation relative to virtualization in the following areas; Citrix XenApp 5.X, XenApp 6.X, XenApp 6.5 FR1, FR2, FR3, XenDesktop 5.X to 7.X, Provisioning Server 6.X, Store Front 2.X, Web Interface 5.X, License Server 11.X, APPDNA 6.X to 7X;
Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, design, and implementation in;
o Microsoft Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2
o Microsoft Active Directory 2000, 2003, 2008R2
o Microsoft Active Directory Group Policies and Organizational Units;
Proven success in virtualization global architectures having multiple Active Directory Domains, XenApp Farms, XenDesktop Farms, PVS Farms, multiple zones, Citrix Policies;
Verifiable experience migrating applications from 32 bit to 64 bit and platform upgrades such as XenApp 5.x to XenApp 6.5;
Extensive application debugging experiencing utilizing Citrix tools, Microsoft System Internals Tools, Wireshark or other packet capturing tools, PVS logging;
Experience with monitoring solutions such as SolarWinds or Microsoft SCCM
Advanced knowledge regarding local High-Availability relative to servers, power, networking, and remote management capabilities;
Advanced technical knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and management solutions, including virtualization hypervisors and desktop virtualization brokers, in particular Citrix, VMware ESX, vCenter, vCOPS, and Wyse Thin Client end points;
Adept skills with Provisioning Services Farm management and corresponding VDISKs management, updating, coordinating UAT.
Hands on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Platforms experience
Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability.
Amazon Service such as AWS, S3, Elastic load balancing/Block/Relational Database
Architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation.
Hands on MS Windows (Server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES) preferred
RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC,MS-SQL preferred
10 years' hands on experience in information technology.
Strong technical competence and aptitude.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO.
Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications.
Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments. Educational
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.