Director - Global Media Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Director – Enterprise Media Solutions, within the Technology department, the Director – Global Media Solutions is responsible for implementing technical solutions that improve the performance, efficiency, throughput, responsiveness, and insight into the Global Media Supply Chain for A E Networks and its joint ventures. The goal is to enable A E's ability to increase its distribution of content across the globe via a variety of platforms to grow revenue and profitability.
Our TeamThe Technology team at A E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other's strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.
The Enterprise Media Solutions team, within Technology, is responsible for being the primary technology partner for GTO (Global Technology Operations), the arm of A E that is responsible for producing our key product - Content. There is a tremendous opportunity to build out technology solutions in support of an automated and efficient Global Media Supply Chain that extracts the optimal value out of our most critical asset.
Colleagues, customers and media partners across the global enterprise, depend on us to architect innovative solutions that provide our media globally, while safeguarding it. We're hooked on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest changes in AI and machine learning, Cloud, MAM, and media distribution so everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems.
What's in it for youYou have spent 15 years supporting applications and partnering with business to provide technical solutions. You know how to get it done and you know how to engage and motivate a high performing team. You understand how to partner with the business and listen for the opportunities to make impactful changes. Of course, you are experienced in all standards and processes around technology development but you are also able to fast track a solution in a creative way. You have an overwhelming sense of passion for your work and your team and you want to take ownership.
Your job will be to build deep partnerships & solutions for the business teams that create, prepare and distribute our content. On our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise, including our Media Production, Security, Cloud, Infrastructure and Technical Operations areas. We're always looking for new technologies to help us build solutions to complex problems, so we'll need you to have your finger on the pulse of what's up and coming, and be ready to make recommendations.
This is the opportunity you have been seeking.
We'll trust you toBe responsible for strategy, delivery and support for Global Media Operations and coordination with International Media Operations, reporting into the Sr. Director of Enterprise Media Solutions. This encompasses:
• Global MAM solutions
• Global Media Supply Chain
• Global Media Supply Chain analytics
• Global Scheduling and Resource Management solutions
• Global Media Streaming services
Manage a team of business analysts to identify, anticipate, and analyze growing business needs, specify requirements, determine commercial and/or in-house solutions, and support and troubleshoot existing solutions.
Collaborate with engineering, infrastructure, application, development, data analytics, global offices, vendors and operational groups to architect, design, build, and maintain secure, robust, and adaptable solutions across A E Networks.
• Understand market dynamics & industry landscape and define short-term (3-6 months) and long-term (12-24 months) roadmap for the portfolio
• Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction by building & maintaining key relationships with business stakeholders
• Manage budget for the area including forecasting, planning, rigorous tracking and reporting to the Sr. Director of EMS, IT, business & Finance leadership
• Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations, pricing & evaluation of current & potential partnerships for A E
• Ensure that the portfolio is on the right technological platform, architecture & infrastructure
• Detail resource planning, allocation & forecasting. Ensure consistent processes for support & development including time tracking, task allocation, backup & succession planning, training and mentoring. Create development plans for staff to align with organizational & departmental vision
• Build a high performing team, foster open communication, transparency, highest level of integrity, trust & collaboration within & across the departments
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Identify & implement opportunities for portfolio & technology rationalization to ensure a standard footprint across the portfolio
• Enable actionable intelligence & integration across the portfolio thru strong focus on data
• Provide regular status reporting including but not limited to budget, project & support status, resources to the Sr. Director of EMS & other executives
Qualification Requirements You need to have
• Five (5) years of experience business side
• Ten (10) years of management experience
• Fifteen (15) years of IT experience
• Strong general management skills
• Strong leadership capabilities, being able to motivate, rally & build high-performing teams
• Ability to influence and manage relationships across the organization even where no direct line of reporting exists
• Strong change management skills, ability to drive the vision of IT & EMS across his/her team & business
• Willingness to adopt change, new ideas, processes. Challenge status-quo and drive creativity, innovation and operational excellence
• Ability to see big picture, new ideas and being able to disassociate from existing toolset and evaluate the portfolio holistically and develop a new portfolio
• Ability to drive multiple initiatives, programs and run both strategy and operations across the portfolio
• Strong understanding & experience with global media supply chains, MAM systems, production and post-production scheduling and resource management, and media streaming
• Financial acumen to manage significant OpEx & CapEx budgets
• Collaborative team player. Highest level of communication, information sharing & transparency
• Understanding of technology, being able to question, evaluate and decide on key technology decisions
• Deep understanding of integration across IT applications
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to run a data driven operational & decision-making model
Educational Requirements Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent job career experience Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans