Analyst / Sr. Analyst, Insights
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The role is to support the VP and SVP of A E Networks Insights Group in the crafting of consumer-led insights via the analysis of syndicated and primary research sources. Individual must be inspired to be an active participant and crave the ability to form a strong POV. Further, person should be a creative thinker who wants to not just interpret results, but also help form and design studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively assist in the creation of primary research studies aimed to provide strategic planning support to marketing and content teams.
• Generate data-led insights via examining secondary research sources.
• Help in transforming research provided by suppliers into presentations that come to life and resonate with internal clients.
• Transform data and insights into dynamic documents that are able to be interpreted by persons unfamiliar with audience terminology.
• Present findings internally, either in the setting of active meetings or by being the sole voice relaying information.
• Has to be both an independent work who can determine an appropriate course of action and someone who thrives in a collaborative structure with a dynamic team.
• Excellent project management skills are essential, not only for their own responsibilities but also in helping Senior leaders charge through department goals.
• Perform targeting exercises in order to help bring current and future audiences to life holistically.
• Help identify tune-in motivators and then track viewer behavior across a breadth of platforms.
• Work closely with Marketing executives to identify nuanced ways in which opportunity audiences can be identified and targeted.
• Planning, fielding, and managing research projects from inception to conclusion. This includes survey design, interfacing with partners, and constructively reviewing results.
• Compiling, analyzing and interpreting information from various research sources (i.e. syndicated, primary, social listening, etc.)
• Experience at building out audience or consumer profiles.
• Ability to design create online custom research, including questionnaire development and providing data quality checks.
• Demonstrated ability to work with Marketing executives; be able to assure confidently that their creative can be tested appropriately and that their planning needs will be met.
• Provide marketplace and competitive insights.
• 3-5 years of e experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques.
• Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with linear and digital performance research, strong knowledge of Nielsen and related software systems required i.e.: Nielsen Suite (e.g. NPower, Arianna, Star Trak), MRI, MRI Fusion.
• Highly organized; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with various research methodologies and tools and a keen understanding of when each is applicable.
• Passionate about content, excited about the world of research, and infused with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Will never deliver a ''data dump'' and will always want to move on to the next exciting project.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans