7th Art ReleasingLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2022 1:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Search for Distribution Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Distribution Manager postings
Full Time Job
We're hiring ASAP. The distribution manager will handle all day-to-day efforts in handling the outreach, negotiation, and booking of the company's films along with managing some of the acquisitions load. We are a small company where everyone wears many hats and the right candidate will be able to easily shift between areas of focus at the company. We are looking for someone who is smart, willing to roll up their sleeves, and do the work required to give our films their best shot at success. This includes being highly organized with the ability to plan, strategize, and think big picture along with being able to handle the details. Much of the position will be working with exhibitors and festival programmers along with other administrative work connected to those efforts.
Responsibilities and Areas of Focus
- Booking festivals, theaters, and other venues, coordination for screenings
- Acquisitions research, outreach, and assessment
- Marketing and outreach through traditional online and social media campaigns, engaging with films and filmmakers
- Festival and market preparation
- Supporting theatrical releases and Academy Award campaigns
- Film-specific research
- Local PR for films along with some social media
- Assisting with other management duties.
• College degree.
• Desire to learn, to fully grasp the work at hand, and do it well.
• Experience in the film distribution world
• Well-versed in the internet
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and focus.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• A full grasp of Mac OS, Google Suite, Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator a plus. Basic knowledge of Filemaker Pro a plus. Basic knowledge of Quickbooks also helpful.
Candidates with an interest in distributing independent film should apply (this is not a production position). We are looking for a creative, smart, proactive person with an interest in independent film (ideally with a love and knowledge of documentaries), office experience, and a degree. The ideal person will also have a good sense of humor, be quick on their feet, and be open to learning.
Please send an email with resume and cover letter attached.
Additonal Comments: 7th Art Releasing has been distributing award-winning films with a focus on documentaries for 25 years with 9 Academy Award nominations among many other awards. Known for our releases and expertise in documentaries, we also release independent and foreign fiction films.