5B Artists + MediaLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Finance Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Finance Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Manager? Job Summary:
This is a new position created to provide financial, strategic planning and analytical support. This position will join a fast paced and dynamic team and will provide you with direct experience with deals that go on within the entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player, problem solver, detail-oriented and effective communicator and will excel in fast-paced work environment.
As Finance Manager you will support 5B's external teams and look after all aspects of financial accountability and related support functions for 5B Artists + Media as well as support strategic business initiatives within the company. You will be uniquely positioned to help drive key business decisions, contribute to infrastructure improvements and influence all aspects of financial accountability, including collaboration with 5B Artists + Media operational team to deliver best in class products and services to our artists.
• Interface with all levels of management across 5B Artists + Media
• Create ad-hoc financial models, analyses, reports and related presentation materials
• QB kept completely up-to-date
• Create P&L statements and other reports when needed
• Coordination in regard to income, finances with production companies, clients, business managers, etc.
• Deal analysis and support related to artist signings, licensing deals, design & supply deals, joint ventures and other strategic investments including development of financial models, preparation of financial valuations, due
diligence support, crafting investment presentations, post-acquisition integration, etc.
• Establish and reinforce key performance indicators and data driven analysis of business performance, including project and product level performance as well as standard monthly P&L and balance sheet reporting & analysis; lead the development and ongoing evolution of next generation reports, dashboards, analyses, processes and methodologies for assessing performance
• Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
• Possess ability to work effectively with all levels of management
• Embrace working in a highly collaborative environment
• Independent and creative thinker
• Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
• Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
• Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
• Ability to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
• Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
• Ability to multi-task, work well with others in a fast paced environment and keep supervisor promptly informed
• Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools
• Strong knowledge of advanced Excel (including macros), Quick Books, PowerPoint, SAP and Cognos TM1
• 3-4 years of relevant experience in finance, royalties, forecast/budgeting, cashflow, etc
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred
• CPA or MBA preferred
What You Will Need:
• Minimum 2+ years of Accounting experience
• Entertainment experience a plus
• Prior experience in a customer service focused role a plus
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
• Advanced in Excel and Outlook
What You Will Get:
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at a growing global entertainment company
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
About 5B Artists + Media:
5B is a full-service artist management, live events, and entertainment company with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Birmingham, England. Combining a highly creative approach with unparalleled industry experience, the youthful and passionate team at 5B thrive on pushing boundaries and creating innovative ways to bring the underground to the mainstream.
5B Artists + Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. 5B fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.