Director of Program Planning and Scheduling
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Program Planning and Scheduling is responsible for the long and short term Tennis Channel and Tennis Channel Plus program schedules.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the strategic scheduling and planning process for both the Tennis Channel linear and digital networks
• Work closely with Research, using available information and analytics, to plan the schedule for both platforms
• Point of contact for all departments with respect to issues/questions related to the program schedule
• Responsible for having a strong understanding of production needs and the ability to clearly communicate them to the Programming team.
• Develop sell-able programming stunts and opportunities.
• Will work hand-in-hand with traffic team in New York.
• Expected to identify, recommend and develop opportunities within the program schedules to help reach programming department goals
• Expected to manage, develop and empower a staff of 2 Coordinators
• Continually evaluates the performance of programs, identifying trends and patterns that can be exploited
• Consistently exhibits good judgment
• Required to prepare presentation materials on a regular basis
• This position reports to the Executive Director of Programming
• BA Required
• Minimum 5 years' experience in scheduling and/or program planning at a television network with a history of taking on increased responsibilities in positions held.
• Experience must include leading and managing a staff
• Possess a successful track record of increasing ratings through strategic and creative scheduling
• Strong Understanding of Nielsen data
• Understanding of audience flow and key time periods a must
• Thrives in team oriented environment
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and scheduling software
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, and the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online