Line Producer, Fast Money
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Line Producer for Fast Money is responsible for managing line production for 1 hour of a live show from 5 – 6pm, 5 times a week – Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities of the Line Producer could include, but are not limited to:
• Ownership of rundown creation and management--oversee rundown changes throughout the day and relay changes and atypical segments/teases to show technical staff.
• In the control room - keep show on time and calmly communicate changes and breaking news during the show to anchors and technical operations team.
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and lower thirds. Call relevant elements for segments during the show.
• Write and produce creative and compelling copy and teases.
• Pitch original guest and segment ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Ability to recognize business stories that would make compelling television
• Use leadership skills to motivate and mentor segment producers and news associates on the team
• Partner with internal departments such as graphics and technical operations to execute needed effects for the show.
• Create stock charts, lower-thirds, video and graphics. Liaise with other departments as needed (such as Assignment Desk, Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Develop and produce live and taped guest segments as needed.
• Implement and work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
• Last line of defense before content goes to air.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience segment producing and/or booking in a live television environment with demonstrated written communication and research skills.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a live television line production capacity with a demonstrated ability to communicate, manage and lead in the control room
• Prior experience as a Line Producer in a top 20 news market, national platform, business or hard-news environment is strongly preferred.
• Passion for business news and the markets and prior experience at a financial news network or publication is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of current events, tech trends and pop culture
• Strong editorial judgment is essential - must be able to make quick editorial decisions while remaining calm under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
• Willingness to accommodate a demanding production schedule and flexibility to work weekends/evenings when and as required.